fot

Re: Moldex again, plus rods

To: rkramer3@austin.rr.com, vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moldex again, plus rods
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:50:33 EDT
I discussed billet cranks with Jack Wheeler not too long ago.  He told me
that these cranks were not allowed back when he was racing.  He used a stock,
balanced, ground crank with Carillo Rods, and his Cosworth Pistons.  He would
rebuild his engines after every four race weekends, and would rev. to 7,000
RPM,
or more if he was struggling with someone.

He also told me that he solved his sheared off flywheel bolt problem by using
two 3/4" dial pins, stock flywheel bolts, and locking tabs to keep the dial
pins from backing out.