fot

Re: Moldex again, plus rods

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Moldex again, plus rods
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:06:27 -0500
Unfortunately I have 3 cases for the survey. I have had 1broken crank and 2
broken rods, and I limit revs to 6,000 with occasional heavy foot disease.

To be fair, first rod (#2)was on my second weekend after I bought my TR3A,
and the crank (@#4)was on second weekend after buying the TR4.  Quality of
the engine prep was unknown in both cases. The rod at Mosport (#3) was my
engine and it was an oil hole break, on a rod that had been prepped and
checked.

I have built my last race engine without a Moldex and Carillos.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com