fot

re: 50 series tires-cages

To: alfetta95@optonline.net
Subject: re: 50 series tires-cages
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:56:56 GMT
Todd, If you are going to race SCCA with the car, be sure to look at this
month's Fastrack news.  SCCA is going to enforce a mandatory cage design
effective 1-1-2007 for existing cages and I think now for new ones.  It will be
very difficult if at all possible for a TR3 to have  a cage to their specs (the
wheel wells get in the way of getting the rear hoop far enough back to be full
width and the diagnal across the rear hoop will need to go thru my head).  I
will be trying to get an exception for my car.  Joe(B)

-- alfetta95@optonline.net wrote:
My 2 cents.

I have to run 14x6 rims in SCCA ITB with the Alfa, (Sorry guys!)  I run the
Hoosier R3S04's.  I've tried 205-55-14 and 225 50-14.  Both sizes are a real
bitch to get on the 6" rim due to sidewall stiffness.  My times are at least 1
second a lap faster with the 225-50-14.  This 1 second a lap was on the long
course at Pocono.  Lime Rock I gained about .5 seconds.  The Hoosier sales rep
said the same to me that Goodyear said to Mr. Kastner.  But I don't think the
time clock lies!  If body clearance is a problem a possible solution is a wheel
with a slightly different offset.

TR3A Quick update:
Gussets have been welded to the frame, New floor boards are in. Just finishing
up the other minor inner body repairs.  Next step:  Sandblasting and Roll cage
design.  Any ideas?

Todd Redmond

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!