fot

Re: 50 series tires-cages

To: tr6nut@sbcglobal.net, wgrosenbach@juno.com, jaboruch@netzero.net
Subject: Re: 50 series tires-cages
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:20:28 EDT
In a message dated 10/22/04 6:14:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tr6nut@sbcglobal.net writes:

<<  It will be very difficult if at all possible for a TR3 to have a cage to
their specs (the
 wheel wells get in the way of getting the rear hoop far enough back to be
 full width and the diagonal across the rear hoop will need to go thru my
 head).  I will be trying to get an exception for my car.  Joe(B)........

Take a look at my car on Mordie's FOT art gallery.  Before I started to hear
about all the "go light" activities, I had already stupidly welded all sorts
of heavy plate and angle steel under the floor, to tie everything into the
frame.  My car has been weighted about twice at the tracks since I have had it.

The last time it was 300 pounds over the allowable weight.

The high front hoop did save my head once.  There was a massive pileup in the
Nelson Ledges caracell.  As I was playing autocross around all of the trash
piles of mashed up cars, a tire came down out of the air and crashed off of the
front hoop.  The noise was so loud that my ears were ringing.

I imagine that high front hoops will eventually be mandatory on all cars.  I
also have a bar running under the dash from side to side.