fot

Re: 50 series tires-cages

To: BillB@bnj.com, alfetta95@optonline.net, jaboruch@netzero.net
Subject: Re: 50 series tires-cages
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 10:10:25 EDT
In a message dated 10/22/2004 5:12:00 PM Central Daylight Time, BillB@bnj.com
writes:

> I built some extensions to the frame that carried the main hoop out close
> the edge of the car. It was still necessary to jog the bag inwards, but I
> wound up with full width. IMHO, the biggest problem with SCCA cages is
> they're ugly. The greatest thing about our cars is that they look so
> cool--they don't look that great with a jungle gym on top of them

Amici:

Do you all remember when editor, author, photographer, Art Eastman pulled our
chain with an electronically doctored picture of a TR3 with NASCAR graphics
and an unbelievable roll cage for his VINTAGE MOTORSPORT article on roll bars
and roll cages in 'classic' vintage cars?  At the time there was a thread
running through the FOT as to whether the car existed and whose it was.  Art
finally came clean and said, "Yes it exists, but only in my mind."  With all
the
cars Art Eastman knows and loves, he has a special place in his heart for the
TRIUMPH TR3.

Bill Dentinger