fot

Re: Interesting message

To: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>, <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Interesting message
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:03:18 -0700
Champion make a "marine plug" that appears to be a good replacement for the
L-61y. It is L-78YC. The "stock # is 936. They are projected nose and are
the same heat range as the L-61Y. The only difference I can see is they so
not have the "J" gap which is where the side electrode goes only 1/2 way
over the center electrode. This gap was designed to help prevent debris from
getting stuck in between the electrodes ( I was told). The L-78YC has the
side electrode projecting all the way over the center electrode.
    I have used these plugs on  an engine dyno test with 12.5 CR and WEBERS
and they worked well.

Greg Solow