fot

RE: Remembrance Day.

To: BillB@bnj.com
Subject: RE: Remembrance Day.
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:24:44 -0500
Bill Babcock asked:

>  I wonder how many FOT members are veterans.

I'm too young for even the Vietnam conflict, but my Dad retired from the
RAAF (as Group Captain) after 49 years of service, and my Mum retired from
the RAN after 25 years (First Exec to an Admiral).  I may not have served,
but I do know what it is like to serve for one (or two) who have!

We don't have Rememberance Day in Oz, but we do remember ANZAC Day on April
25.  This is quite a sombre day in Oz, particularly now that the number of
surviving WW1 vets probably number less than 100.

Shane Ingate in Maryland