fot

Re: Remembrance Day.

To: tarch@bellsouth.net, BillB@bnj.com, Simon@telephonestogo.ca,
Subject: Re: Remembrance Day.
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:00:07 EST
Nice thread....short story time:

I took a print of a B26 Marauder, on a bombing run over Germany, in for
framing. (Jan's 23 year old uncle flew this plane and on his 65th and mandatory
final mission, he did not return that August of 1945)

Last week, when I picked up the framed print a young girl said, "I understand
you flew this airplane".  I said "Yes, I was quite precocious for a four year
old".

I DID have an uncle that was on Iwo Jima during the flag raising. He is still
alive, if not well.

Thanks for raising my level of of awareness. These things are easy to let
slide by.

Joe (A)