fot

RE: TR Related, Final Project, Exhaust Headers

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR Related, Final Project, Exhaust Headers
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:16:15 -0800
> The super starter came shortly after this incident, but I didn't
> know that
> they would work with the TR-3 ring gear.

Takes a special version to work with the earlier ring gear, only difference
is the pinion gear on the starter.  If memory serves the pre-50K TR2/3
version only has 9 teeth on the pinion, instead of the 10 found on the
pinion for the later TRactor motors.  But obviously it's best to check with
the seller to be sure you're getting the right one.

>  The super starter also allows me to
> use certain
> TR-3 transmission casings without drilling a hole in them for the
> long Lucus starter nose.

Yet another benefit.

Randall