fot

RE: large runner 1500 (single ZS) manifold needed (longish)

To: <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: large runner 1500 (single ZS) manifold needed (longish)
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 17:38:42 -0800
> When heads and manifolds are flowed, you can use any pressure you want. I
> use 7" because it makes the math easier, and also because of the max
> capabilities of my flow bench vacuum source. However, to compare to
> readings taken by other flow benches or on other products, there
> must be a
> common standard vacuum for comparison purposes. The 'industry'
> has settled
> on 28" of water.

Thanks, Jack, Ron & others who responded.

28" still seems high to me, after all that's roughly 1/10 of the total
pressure you have to stuff air into the cylinders, and there's still the
drop through the carbs and valves to consider.  I guess the industry is
mostly interested in big numbers and, as usual, doesn't care if those
numbers actually mean anything.

Randall