fot

RE: parts suppliers

To: "'fpspitfire@insightbb.com'" <fpspitfire@insightbb.com>,
Subject: RE: parts suppliers
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:22:56 -0800
For all roller and ball bearings I ignore the parts houses and go straight
to a good bearing supply house. We have two in Portland. They have about
everything, and you can specify the quality.

All the stuff I have bought from British Parts Northwest has been pretty
good, but their range is very limited. I've gotten some very good stuff from
Moss, but I've gotten some crap too. I presume they source everywhere, and
with china being so hungry for steel there's probably some pretty nasty
stuff being turned into parts these days. The big scrap companies are making
amazing money right now. America is the OPEC of scrap metal.