fot

Re: cam timing

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, "'Jack W. Drews'"
Subject: Re: cam timing
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 16:40:17 -0800
The thing to do of course is to degree the front pulley BEFORE you put the
engine together, then it's a walk in the park. After?  Then you need to
measure the diameter , do the math and mark off the increments and mark on the
pulley.  Not as hard as it sounds, done it a couple times with it being very
effective.  Obviously the bigger the diameter the more accurate if you are
just looking for a couple degrees. Making a couple of dowel pin location for a
degree wheel on the front pulley will put you in heaven or a degreed flywheel
and a hole in the trans housing to view this devil. Flywheel is best due to
the diameter.  (and as usual if your engine is together already, this doesn't
help you at all, I know)