fot

Re: cam timing

To: cartravel@pobox.com
Subject: Re: cam timing
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:35:06 GMT
I used telescoping magnets to lift the lifters up and clothespins to hold the
magnets up.  I had the pan off and watched from underneath until the lifter was
up out of the way, while a buddy lifted and pinned them.  We did pull one up
too far out of the bore, but fortunately were able to get it back in.  Take it
slow and easy and it works good.
Joe(B)

-- Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com> wrote:
If the head was on, how did you hold the lifters up while you were
changing the cam?

Joe Boruch wrote:

>Jack, I changed a cam with the engine in the car once and the head on.  I seem
>to recall that I made some spacers to keep the push rods vertical to set the
>cam timing off of the push rod, instead of my usual dummy cam follower.  Joe(B)

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!