fot

RE: San Diego question

To: "'Craig Wensley'" <wensley@adelphia.net>,
Subject: RE: San Diego question
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:17:53 -0800
You've hit the nail on the head. The checkpoint that is ostensibly to catch
immigrations scofflaws near camp Pendleton is actually an LBC filter.
Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, upper end VW, anything Italian, and luxury Japanese
are quite welcome, Bentley and RR of course, new minis get the IRAB waiver
(it's really a BMW) but LBCs are stopped at the checkpoint. Drivers may
proceed on foot but the cars are removed promptly to the nearby Tank and
Armored Vehicle testing range where they are converted to scrap metal for
export to China.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins