fot

MG/TR Challenge

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: MG/TR Challenge
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:42:29 EST
MGVR just posted this info for the Walter Mitty. If we had an organization,
we would do the same. Shamelessly, we will just pass this on and give them
loads of credit.

Regardless of who gets the credit, this event is likely to exceed all
expectations...wonderful!

The "Mitty" at Road Atlanta in April
Historic Sportscar Racing's (HSR), "Mitty" vintage car races, is coming
together nicely for the weekend of April 28th - May 1st. at Road Atlanta, Ga.
It
is also MGVR's designated "Focus Event" for 2005.  The MGVR support team is
coordinating with the "Friends of Triumph", HSR, the track, clubs, and
sponsors,
to help stage a great weekend for everyone.  A large turnout of MGs and
Triumphs is expected to compete for bragging rights in the featured Moss
Motor's "
MG-Triumph Challenge" race.  MG-Triumph entries are already over 80 cars (may
approach 100 or more by race day), and so HSR has split the MG-Triumph group
into TWO classes.  The slower MGs & Triumphs in one class - and the faster ones
in the other.  Kas Kastner - of Triumph fame - will be a featured speaker at
the MG-Triumph dinner, and Kent Prather - 5 time SCCA national champ with his
MGA - will be talking also. Noted MG authority John Twist of University Motors,
also plans to be there.  This is being promoted as a race and club event.
Many other activities are included all weekend long - many being coordinated by
Classic Motorsports (see their May Issue).  Car show, valve cover racing, club
stuff, vendors, tech stuff, and much more.  A great event for drivers, crews,
and spectators.  Check out HSR's web site at <A
HREF="http://www.hsrrace.com/";>www.hsrrace.com</A> (or call
1-888-477-5999), or Classic Motorsport's web site at:  <A
HREF="http://www.classicmotorsports.net/";>www.classicmotorsports.net</A>  or
MG Vintage Racers' site at:  <A HREF="http://www.mgvr.org/";>www.MGVR.org</A>.