fot

Speedbleeders

To: "'fot@autox.team.net '" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedbleeders
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:25:51 -0800
 Got mine. Whoever it was that reminded me that if these things are cool on
a bike, they're even cooler on a car--thank you, thank you.

My advice to all of you. Get them, now.

I got the SP3824HD  (3/8-24) which is a mid-length version made for harley
davidson. I think the standard SP3824 would be just fine, but these work and
don't stick out too far. they are about 1/4" longer than the stock bleeders.

I also got the bleed bag. a little disappointed at first because I thought
there would be a nifty right angle adapter--all you get is a sealed bag and
a silicon hose. But it works perfectly, so I'm over my tiff.

Make sure you get a bottle of the thread sealer. I found out on my bike that
when the sealer wears out you can get a little air sucked back in across the
threads. With good sealer that never happens. I've had them on my Norton for
about two years and only resealed once. You brush the stuff on and then bake
it in the wife's oven.

anyway, these things are wonderful. makes bleeding into a very quick, one
person job and you get a perfect high pedal. also great for flushing out the
old stuff--takes no time. I bled all four corners in about ten munutes,
including flushing.