fot

RE: sway bar

To: "'BillDentin@aol.com'" <BillDentin@aol.com>, vinttr4@geneseo.net,
Subject: RE: sway bar
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:29:00 -0800
Yup. In a circle track car the sway bar IS a spring, but you get a lot of
useful weight transfer from it. Your total spring rate (tires plus springs
plus dynamic transfer from the sway bar) determines a lot of the handling
characteristics. Heavy springs and heavy bar might be just right in a
straight line where the sway bar contributes nothing and way too much in the
corner. You can't do this kind of thing in a car that turns left and right,
but very light springs and very heavy sway bar has been a tuner secret for
roundy-rounds for some time.