fot

Re: Kill Switches

To: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>, Bill Sohl
Subject: Re: Kill Switches
From: tom strange <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 05:41:22 -0700 (PDT)
I absolutely agree.... If the kill switch leaves electricity and fuel, both
turned on, making friends with each other, when my car is upside down, on its
side, bent in half etc.... I really dont want to be there when the two of them
bond with each other...

Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com> wrote:
Hi everyone!

>From what I understand, SCCA and therefore CVAR require that the kill
switch also completely disrupt power coming from the alternator.
Tristan is wired to use the kill switch as the on/off switch, turning on
the entire system including the fuel pump. This would make sense to me,
since if I were in an incident with a ruptured fuel line (God forbid), I
would want the fuel pump cut off and the alternator not able to create
any sparks/electricity when corner workers flip the switch off. I do
like the earlier idea of having driver switches that control those
things as well, so if you have the presence of mind, you can cut power
before help arrives.

Keep Triumphing!
Susan :)

Bill Sohl wrote:

> Requiring the kill switch to shut down the
> engine makes sense to me on the issue of
> safety alone. If properly wired, the kill switch should
> minimally serve as a master on/off for ignition and any
> electric fuel pump(s).
>
> If turning off a kill switch doesn't shut down the engine
> because an alternator is still providing electric power to
> the ignition/fuel pumps, then the kill switch is not wired
> correctly...IMHO.
>
> Just my .02
>
> Cheers,
> Bill Sohl