fot

RE: alloy head, for 6 cylinder

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: alloy head, for 6 cylinder
From: "Terry and Cindy" <Roadandtrack2@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:47:22 +1000
Thank to Robert Lane for his comments. I put up the email to sort out
matters like Robert has raised. Some comments back to all who have
expressed interest.........

I cannot help with or foster changes within SCCA. If you race in
production classes, then you have to accept limits like this. Change
class!! Various replies have indicated the alloy head is OK with some
vintage race organisations in the US.

We don't have any 6 cyl TR's or GT6's racing in production classes here
any more--they are all in modified, so it's not such an issue here or in
other places where we might sell them. Also, the head suits the 2500
saloon range of which we have several racing here, and there are many in
Europe/UK.

It seems that we get more interest in products like this from road
users, than racers.

50 heads is about what I need to make it sensible

The immediate advantages for anyone are:
*         Lighter, makes a difference, especially on top of the engine
by marginally lowering c of g. power: weight improves.
*         Better shaped ports will improve swirl into the chamber
*         Chamber shape optimised for better flow around valves and
squish
*         Lightweight, small diameter valves will increase flow and
lower valve train loads. This allows faster cam acceleration
*         Well designed alloy heads handle higher compression because
they deal with local hot spots better
*         They will come with hard exh inserts to suit unleaded fuel

Thanks to all the others who have expressed interest. Keep them coming.
It may yet get off the ground.

Terry O'Beirne