fot

225hp or over 208hp

To: "Friend Of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: 225hp or over 208hp
From: "David Wingett" <elkhorn@core.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:29:50 -0400
        I just used up my next 4 x-mass present allowance's on an engine
re-build that cost more then the original build, only to get an additional
3hp!!!  Squeezing the last few drops of HP isn't cheep.  The tree is going to
look pretty bare for a few years.

        I started out with a porf. built engine and a dyno sheet showing 205hp
@ 6800 , 145tq @ 4500.   Now after a little tweaking on the head porting , new
cam and ceramic lifters I have 208hp @ 7200 & 188.3tq @ 5500.   The torque is
noticeable but not enough to run against the Miata's.  It is my understanding
they are getting somewhere close to 250hp.

        My restrictions are the SCCA limits of 28mm chokes & stock valve
diameters.   It's also my understanding that any additional power will have to
come from the combustion chamber.  I ,per the rules , can not add any material
to the head, but I can re-shape the burn in the combustion chamber by shaping
the top of the piston.

        Dose anyone have a name & Phone # of a shop that truly has experience
flowing a '6 head ?   If anyone can point me to a proven builder ( East, West,
across the pond or down under ) that can get anything over 208hp &188tq PLEASE
let us know , here or off line.

                                    David W.