fot

RE: 225hp or over 208hp

To: "'joe dirt '" <oldskooling@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: 225hp or over 208hp
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:57:37 -0700
Took a look at his web site. The ones I have are solid ceramic--not inserts,
and they cost a lot less than $720, though I guess the fact that I bought
eight rather than 16 proabably equalizes the cost. I don't remember what I
paid--just that it stung. But by the time I finish lightening a set of
standard lifters they're probably worth that, and they still wear. Just the
resharpening cost for the carbide tool bits is substantial.

I was going to try Ken Gillanders trick GT40 lifters and conversion sleeves
if the ceramics I bought didn't work out, but so far, so good.

This Shubeck guy builds some trick stuff, but I wonder who is buying his 904
cubic inch DOHC motor. I can't think of a place you could run it. 1200 ft.
lbs of torque. What does it use for a tranny?

I also liked the way they spelled Le Mans: Lemons. Hmmm.