fot

Re: TR3 rack & pinion

To: m-syork@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 rack & pinion
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:11:41 EDT
In a message dated 07/27/2005 9:17:44 AM Central Daylight Time,
m-syork@comcast.net writes:

> Has anyone noticed the rack and pinion conversion on E-Bay (#4564261396)? I
> was considering bidding on it to swap out in the TR3 racer (for safety
> purposes) as a winter project.

Safety?

I've been vintage racing a 1956 TR3 for over 25 years.  So far there haven't
been any safety issues with the its High Tech peg and cam steering system...it
just doesn't always steer worth a crap.

Rack and pinion would sure be better, but then I would be that much less of a
TR3.

Bill Dentinger