fot

RE: Engine won't run

To: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine won't run
From: m-syork@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:40:16 +0000
Randall
I don't think it's quite that easy. If I remember my old college EE courses the
caps will charge to the peak voltage available which should be 120 volts times
the square root of three (1.714). The caps should charge to about 208 volts.
You may have to by a small transformer and wire it backwards (say 50VA with a
480 volt primary and a 120 volt secondary) then use the caps and diodes to
provide a smooth dc output.
Mark