fot

RE: bearing help...

To: "'tom strange'" <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: bearing help...
From: Terry and Cindy <roadandtrack@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:24:27 -0000
The ACL bearing should be first rate quality as they are exported all over
the world and sold for OEM fitment here. If you give me the number off it,
i can double check the spec for you and make sure its the top quality
material

However, I use King bearings in all our race Triumphs as they have the hard
steel backings like the Clevite race series. The "normal" ACL bearings only
use a soft backing. ACL advise not to use their plain bearing for race use,
and they dont make a race spec one for Triumphs.

IMHO, if you think the extra 1mm width will solve a problem, you had best
look elsewhere, probably at oil pump pressure and flow

Terry O'Beirne