fot

Re: tranny's

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tranny's
From: <triumph_marx@freenet.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:08:56 +0100
I have discussed this with a few racer's in our group. So we compared several
cars. Some with wide ratios and some with close ratios.
The cars with the close ratios shifting a lot more, f. i. from 2nd up to 4th
while the guys with tho long ratios went from 3rd to 4th.

The close ratio cars were ALL faster. The less shifting does not compensate
beeing off the maximum power curve of the engine.

Chris