fot

Re: [FOT] Sabrina twin-cam

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Sabrina twin-cam
From: herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:09:28 -0500
  Bill Dentin asked:

From: SHANE Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
I asked Paul about this, and his response was:

 ".......from recollection it had same dimensions
  as normal TR3 which it was, I know when I bought it it came on the
Standard
  Vanguard saloon wheels, horrible steel things very narrow rims & I put
some
  awful wheel trims on it to hide the wheels, the proper wider
competition wheels
  were kept by SAH who were the Triumph supported operation who the cars
were sold
  to after Triumph had finished with them, I knew at the time the car
was special
  but only later did I learn it's significance and it's history as a
team &
 competition practise car...."

==AM==
Paul's recollections, if accurate (and I've no reason to doubt they
are), would lead me to suspect that whatever car this was actually was
some sort of "test" or "mule" car and not one of the actual competition
cars? Every Triumph history I've read noted that the TR3S cars all had
a longer wheelbase than did a standard TR3. Apparently it was believed
necessary at the time, to accommodate the "Sabrina" motor, but the
extra length actually turned out NOT to be needed.

Regardless, it would be fascinating to uncover more about this
particular car: British registration, commission number, etc.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>