fot

RE: [FOT] SCCA Rules Regarding Roll Bars & Roll Cages

To: <Group44TR7@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] SCCA Rules Regarding Roll Bars & Roll Cages
From: "Norlin Engineering" <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:09:43 -0700
My wife, Patty is the historian for Oregon Region SCCA.  The region's
records only go back to the early 60's.  The earliest GCR she has is 1967
and at that time, the rollbar only had to be 1 inch below the drivers head.
In 1970, this changed to 2 inches above the drivers head according to our
old GCR's.  This jives with my memory because I used to be a wrench on the
Spitfire that Patty and I now own and race and I remember pulling an all
nighter before a tow to Pacific Raceways in 1970 to install the new roll
bar.  I think that was also when they first required a head restraint.  I
can also verify the log book and roll bar numbering.  I have the original
log book and the first entry with the roll bar number was June 1972.

Jim Norlin