fot

RE: [FOT] 4Cyl Tractor engine liner height

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>,
Subject: RE: [FOT] 4Cyl Tractor engine liner height
From: "Jeff Quick" <quicktr4@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 23:05:59 -0700
I have worked on wet sleeve engines for many years. what threw me a rear
curve was the alloy figure 8 gaskets I got from moss. on first start trying
to break in the cam water came out of everywhere! yuk! i shut it down and
found the crankcase full of water. yuk! never had this befor. retorqued and
tried again seepage till it got hot then ok. no water in the oil. surface
prep is key . I used a poduct in the past that was made as a sealant for
steal shim gskts from two mfg. ford and dodge both called it perfect seal it
came in an arisol can like copper coat. but this stuff was way better. i've
looked for it with no success. Does anyone know where to find it? are there
copper figure 8 gskts avalible?
Jeff