fot

Re: [FOT] Reality check:

To: SHANE Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Reality check:
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 09:57:39 -0700
The best government money can buy. Not that I've seen better anywhere
else. At least we turn power over regularly without guns and
executions, even though hardly anyone can find positions they favor
in either party--you have to settle for an overall notion and hold
your nose while "conservatives" pander to the religious right and
want to meddle in everyone's life and "liberals" embrace positions
that ignore the dangerous world around us.

I don't know how serious stuff will ever be decided. My irritation
with what I called the "holier than thou" crowd has nothing to do
with environmental goals being unworthy and everything to do with
ossified opinions and politically correct stances. A scientist/
academician embracing a contrary position at a college is just as
likely to be isolated and economically punished as the NAS.

Incidentally, I doubt anyone who has studied the Kyoto Accord would
really fault the US for not signing it. It's a blatent piece of
economic warfare. It could have been an effective tool to combat
global warming, instead it's a political document and a way to shift
development to europe and asia.

Happy fourth of July.