fot

Re: [FOT] Street TR5 Questions

To: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>,
Subject: Re: [FOT] Street TR5 Questions
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:31:23 -0700
Tim, most parts are identical to a TR4A or a TR6.  The only parts which
might be hard to source would be something like seats, right inner fender
well, wiring harness and maybe a few other unique parts.
I feel the PI is reliable as I run it on my 69 TR6 racecar.  I've spoken to
many people about it and they all feel the same way about it.  You need to
make sure you have a good unit and I believe the cost of a refurbished
metering unit is about $500.00.  You also need to have your injectors
checked, and the pump can be a problem (although I haven't had any problems)
and replacements are available from Bosch.
All in all, I think you have a chance to own a unique TR and will have a
great time with it.
Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44