fot

RE: [FOT] Clutch slave cylinder

To: "'Kramer, Robert'" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>,
Subject: RE: [FOT] Clutch slave cylinder
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:00:55 -0700
You're absolutely right. The value is minimal and there are benefits to
using an external actuator. Frankly, I was just screwing around, not trying
to solve a problem. On the other hand, the fork and throughout bearing
arrangement creates some problems, especially with racing clutches. I've had
the usual ones--pivot rod breaking, wear and scraping on the yoke, heavy
clutch, frequent adjustments. Fixing any of these things, or for that matter
dealing with a slipping clutch, always requires pulling the transmission.
PITA, no matter what you do.

Now that I have an annular clutch release figured out, I wouldn't go back,
but it's a marginal thing and there are benefits to either approach. I'm not
sure how the Quartermaster clutch would have worked with the stock actuator,
since I replaced both at the same time, but m current setup is trouble-free,
I haven't touched once I got the stroke right.