fot

[FOT] BPNW lightened steel flywheel

To: "FOT List" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] BPNW lightened steel flywheel
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 19:33:00 -0500
Has anyone used a TR4A lightened steel flywheel as sold by BPNW? I have one in
the new TR4A.  I had to use a TR6 slave with a shortened TR4A pushrod to get
the throw correct and today I installed the spare hi-tech starter that fit in
my TR4 and it doesn't engage. I'm not sure what the differences are between
the early and late hi tech starters. Do they have a larger gear?  I'm
suspicious that the flywheel is the problem because of the slave issue. I have
the later style clutch and the flywheel uses the bolt on ring gear from the
later TR4 version.
Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com