fot

[FOT] Tow Vehicle

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Tow Vehicle
From: dick ross <niteseeker@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:50:32 -0500
So what do you think might be the towing capacity of a 1967 Ford Country
Squire station wagon with the 390 cubic inch motor?

If I remember right in 63 we towed a 37 ford stock car with a 59 or
60 (312 or were they 352) t-bird went up the hill at a good speed
finally replaced it with a 40 Ford wrecker with a 283 in it.

The spitfire is towed on an aluminum trailer that i bought for
$2,500, and pulled by a 2000 Chevy s10 no problems on the trip from
Detroit to Minnesota went along at 70 and more depending on the
traffic. and still got my normal 16 miles per gallon.