fot

RE: [FOT] Tow Vehicle

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Tow Vehicle
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:02:21 -0400
    I have no idea about the towing capacity of that engine but I do know
about the ballast effect that 390s have. I had a Heister, 3 wheel fork lift
with a 390 chained to the back of it so when I picked up a complete junk Tr
or MGB, it would not pivot over on the front wheels like it did without that
great 390. Of course, it added so much weight it would sink into the old
asphalt and get stuck if you were not careful. But what a great engine it
was. And when I closed the junk yard, I had more people wanting the engine
than the forklift. By the way, I am getting rid of the rest of my junk if
anyone needs old parts let me know. I have three fairly complete TR3s but
rusted beyond restoration, several GT6, TR 6s, the TR250s are spoken for but
still lots of other junk at get rid of prices. Best if you can come to
Atlanta to take a look see.  Barry