fot

[FOT] Air filter ("socks"?) for carb air horns?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Air filter ("socks"?) for carb air horns?
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 21:12:31 -0400
My GT6, running twin SUs, has this very nice pair of aluminum air
horns/stacks.  I've been running them open, but am concerned about the
amount of grit in a typical track environment.  They end about 1" off the
inside fender, so there is no room for an air box or traditional filters.
Anyone aware of a product (foam/fabric) designed to fit over these, or
should I just run cheesecloth with a ziptie?