fot

Re: [FOT] KN Wheel

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [FOT] KN Wheel
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:07:00 -0700
Good theory--sounds like a Sherlock Holmes conclusion--but wrong
nonetheless. Offset is expressed in inches or millimeters. The letter
designation in rims is flange type, and refers to how the rim grips
the tire. There are a lot of flange designs, most of which have been
consigned to the dustbin of technology. The overwhelming majority of
rims for cars and race cars are type J. Be thankful. Some of those
odd flanges were nearly impossible to mount, and even harder to get
the tire to run true.