fot

RE: [FOT] Race Car Prep

To: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Race Car Prep
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 09:31:42 -0700
Good recommendations I think. There are a number of tiny alternators
that make good sense, and fitting the largest pulley you can find is a
great approach--keeping the RPMs down both decreases the horsepower
drain and extends the life. You don't need much output unless you're
running lights.

The 6AL is a fine box, I have one resting in my parts stash myself, they
do take a fair bit of power but if you run an alternator you'll have
plenty to spare. They work fine with a pertronix unit to trigger them. I
liked the setup just fine, I simply decided against an alternator and
that choice favors straight points.

My favorite plugs are Bosch Platinums, but I rarely can find the heat
range I need.