fot

Re: [FOT] Oil Cooler

To: BillB@bnj.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] Oil Cooler
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 01:04:29 GMT
Oil cooling makes up quite a bit (i have heard 30%) of your engine
cooling.  You may see your water temps much higher with out the oil
cooler.  I tried my Spitfire without an oil cooler and it was
overheating terribly.  Did fine once I put the oil cooler in.  In my
TR3 my oil has been running up to 230, with 2 oil coolers.  I think
you may run too hot, but you can always just use some fittings and
bypass the cooler for a session and see how it does.  Joe(B)

-- "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com> wrote:
I'm thinking about eliminating the oil cooler on Peyote. I don't think
my engine oil gets hot enough. It's running about 220 at the end of
most
races, From what I understand it would be good to get the temperature
closer to 240 and as high as 300 for synthetics. Any comments?

PrivatePhone - FREE telephone number & voicemail.
A number so private, you can make it public.
http://www.privatephone.com