fot

Re: [Fot] SCCA Archives

To: wensley@adelphia.net, alfetta95@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] SCCA Archives
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:15:31 EST
In a message dated 12/21/06 12:33:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wensley@adelphia.net writes:

<< That was a "Redmond" built Triumph engine and gearbox in that
 > Morgan!! I was a little terd then but remember the whole hype
 > around my house of Bob going to Riverside. Made the local newspaper. >>

Bob Stanford was the super mechanic with US AIR (Allegheny Airlines at that
time).  I had my car up at Chuck Redmond's garage to rebuild my engine and
learn from them how to do it.  I haven't progressed much, since I am still
using
most of their techniques.

I remember when Bob would stay up all night pulling out his engine,
rebuilding it, and installing it by day break.  Then he would leave from there
and go
directly to work.  The year he went to Riverside, he build another engine with
87 mm pistons, to get rid of his 87 mm + 0.30 inch pistons.  He said that a
certain number of cars get torn down at this event.  This move probably cost
him
a little power.

"Sports Car" had a picture on the cover of the beginning of the EP race
coming down a hill.  Bob's Morgan was on the inside of the track about half way
back in the pack.