fot

[Fot] brake bias / balance

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] brake bias / balance
From: Mike <mikee@ragtops.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 09:13:31 -0400
FOT;
   We're doing some brake mods to a street car and questions started to
arise about brake balance / bias.
   While it seems the optimum situation calls for a slight (5%-10%)
front bias, how do we determine where it is now? Temp readings on the
discs seems to give numbers all over the place, but seem to settle
around 450F in the front and 250F in the rear. Does this mean we have a
60/40 split? Is this an effective way to measure bias? When setting up a
street or race car how do you determine how much to adjust the balance?
Seat of the pants and what works best? Or is there a 'scientific' approach?

Mike Engard