fot

Re: [Fot] Bad Time

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Bad Time
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:51:10 -0500
Ed Barnard and Tom Strange win the prize.

The question was, given that all of the other observations indicated
that timing was actually at 30 degrees advance, what could cause three
separate timing lights to show timing at 60 degrees advance?  The
answer:  Inductive timing lights and solid core plug wires are a lousy
combination.

While I was beavering away at work yesterday (OK, so I was mostly
emailing you people), Dad dragged the old non-inductive style timing
light off the "dusty stuff" shelf, measured and marked off 30 degrees on
the pulley and there it was.  Steady 30 degrees of advance.  And, as an
added bonus, all of the leaping flashes before and after proper timing
are gone.

Scott B.