fot

Re: [Fot] Is There A Bigger Soap Opera?

To: "'Gary'" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Is There A Bigger Soap Opera?
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:26:40 -0700
I guess that everyone is entitled to his opinion.  Personally, I am pleased
with the penalties that were levied.  The only thing that I didn't
particularly like was that the drivers points were unaffected.

What I heard is that the drivers were guaranteed to keep their points in
order to get them to cooperate with the investigation.

But I wonder how this episode has left Alonzo in the eyes of McLaren.  My
guess is that he will be wearing different livery next year.

I guess it all could be compared with employment in industries that have
trade secret information at stake.  Employees typically sign non-disclosure
agreements and their contracts are always laced with clauses stipulating
that they are prohibited from working for any competitor for at least a
couple of years after leaving their current employer.

Surely, these teams have similar commitments involved in their hiring
practices.

Joe C.