fot

Re: [Fot] Mallory condenser failures

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Mallory condenser failures
From: Robertten1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 01:14:59 EDT
Amici,

This is an old topic and I feel a need to confirm what the Mallory site is
suggesting.  I had a bit of a discussion with a friend of mine whom is a
electronics wizard, by trade.  He said the first fault of any condensor
failure
would be due to a poor ground or lack of.  My inquiry was brought  about over
the decision to go back to a points type ignition, that being a  Mallory unit.
After hearing Lang's problem of one condensor failure after  another with his
Mallory I became conserned with going from one problematic  ignition system to
another.  I converted anyways, bought a couple extra  condensors but, have
had no problems what-so-ever with my Mallory.  Several  inspections and several
tests with a dwell meter have shown a very reliable  system.  I'm also using a
MSD Soft-touch Rev-limiter which has proven a  reliable compliment to the
Mallory.

To sum it up  ... Good Grounding !!  add an extra as the Mallory  site
recommends.

Bob T.
'64 Spit GT autocrosser

PS  my Mallory is 6 yrs old