fot

Re: [Fot] leakdown tester, follow-on question

To: N197TR4@cs.com, rkramer3@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] leakdown tester, follow-on question
From: Fubog1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:31:54 EDT
In a message dated 9/26/2007 10:40:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
N197TR4@cs.com writes:

>  Joe,
>
> Did this testing include the plate I sent you? Being as  how it is around 2
> inches thick I expected that it would work well. I  like to know how it
> compares to the Deere method and what I am  losing.

Yes!   I think the plate I have is  around 2" thick, too....from Mordy Dunst.
I have not measured it yet for  Glen.

You are not likely to be losing anything. Or very little. Or  maybe it is
even
better when you get done.

We had to try  different torques and different settings on boring and honing
equipment,  including changing hone stones, to get the desired results. Very
time  consuming, to get it where we felt it was right.

I guess my point is that the plate for these engines has to be pretty  stout,
since the purpose of using it is a little different than on a  conventional
bore-in-block engine. My plate is 2 inches as well but, as we well  know, it's
a real PITA. Anything that does the job as well as or better than the  torque
plate would be a real good thing.
Glen