fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 motor rebuild

To: <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 motor rebuild
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:47:51 -0500
Charly,

FWIW, my Carillo rods with JE pistons (and bolts, wrist pins,
rings) save a total of around 270g rotating mass per pot over
lightened stock components, or a massive 375g/pot over stock
components. In a TR6, that is 2.25kg off the rotating mass.

I was advised AGAINST using Cosworth pistons, as they have a very
short skirts.  While maybe fine for a woman with long rods, this
is an issue in my streetable car, but not as critical for a dedicated
racer.

Shane Ingate, relaxing after drywall work, in NM

2.25kg or nearly 5lbs off the rotating mass.> I've looked in to getting
Venolia pistons at about