fot

Re: [Fot] San Francisco G.P.

To: "'KEVIN LYNCH'" <klynch_6@msn.com>, "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] San Francisco G.P.
From: "Gary Horstkorta" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 15:28:05 -0800
Kevin:

Don't hold your breath.  There have been three parties involved in this
project since the idea was first broached with the City of SF in 2005.  An
individual, familiar with the beginnings of the Pittsburg GP, approached the
city with the idea and supposedly succeeded in gaining approval from the
Parks & Recreation Dept, but not the Board of Supervisors.  Once that
individual realized the enormity of the project, not to mention the
liability, he dropped out.  Another organization was asked to become
involved and presented a proper plan. For various reasons this situation was
terminated and the so called sponsors contacted the SCCA who declined, they
then turned to HMSA.  From what I understand, HMSA agreed to conduct (for a
fee) a feasibility study and that is the last I've heard.  I suspect the
logistics and liability are hurdles to large to overcome, not to mention
having to convince the board of supervisors, the environmentalists and other
civic groups in SF.  Nope, don't think it will ever happen.

Gary