fot

Re: [Fot] Lever versus tube shocks

To: jim hearn <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Lever versus tube shocks
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:40:58 -0500
jim hearn wrote:
> Is it possible that the stock lever shocks with firmer fluid can be
> functional rear racing shocks?  If so, what is the suggested replacement
> oil?  Thanks, Jim in Sacramento
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
>name of winmail.dat]

Jim, the lever shock will work. You can make it firmer  as has been
suggested with valving and heavy shock fluid. We do sell heavy duty
rebuilt levers. But,  lever shocks cannot recover from a rapid series of
up/down movements. These cause the oil to foam so there  is limited
damping action.   Tube shocks do not have this problem. Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@bright.net