fot

Re: [Fot] checking bearing clearances

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>, "Bill Babcock" <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] checking bearing clearances
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 11:55:08 -0600
> with a three (3) point bore gauge.
>I have always wondered why do people do this. Is there some kind of legal
document reason? What could >three mean besides 3?

With me it's just a carryover from writing engineering reports in the R&D
department.  They were a little fussy regarding format.  Guess I can quit now.
Probably goes back to the days when we wrote the reports up by hand and the
secretary typed them up; pre-word processor and computer days.

Tim