fot

[Fot] inside wheel lift

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] inside wheel lift
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 18:52:20 +1100
...it seems that I'm lifting the rear inside wheel too much when I see photos
of the car in tight
corners. There still seems to be too much body roll. I assume that it
is the springs. I'll be adding additional rate this year to the springs
in hopes of reducing lift. I plan to go to 600 lbs/in rear and at least...

This seems counter-intuitive to me. If the body were fixed to the rear axle
(unsprung) and encountered the centrifugal force of cornering, the inside
wheel would have to lift, since the car's center of gravity is above the
axis of the wheels. However if there was the ability for the body to roll to
the outside under those cornering forces, wouldn't that alleviate the
overturning forces being generated, thereby allowing the inside wheel more
opportunity to stay in contact with the road?
Steve P.