fot

Re: [Fot] What size and shape of fuel cell is best suited to the

To: "Gasket Works USA" <gasket.works@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] What size and shape of fuel cell is best suited to the
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 09:07:53 -0800
To keep a consistent performance the weight and location should be as close
as possible equal each time on the track. Why lug around extra gasoline and
reduce your acceleration and braking. Take the time to test properly what
your mileage is on the track then do the math for every on-track period.

It was my habit when installing a  fuel cell to make a "fuel stick" at the
first filling.  In most cases you need to cut a 2" square the depth of the
foam so the fuel stick can be positioned without touching the foam. Then
pour  a half gallon into the dry bladder and mark the stick, another half
gallon and mark the stick. I would then transfer the marked distances to a
piece of thin wall conduit and make the marks with a tubing cutter so the
mark was inscribed into the tube. With this preparation you always know what
you used for a given number of laps and what is remaining in the tank. The
fuel stick had a secure spot in the trunk area so there were never any
excuses about "who lost the stick? or why it was still back in the shop".
Consistent weight gives a much better chance of consistent performance.